10 Reasons It’s Absolutely Great To Be Single During The Holidays December 07 2017, 0 Comments
Hey U`nique Beauties!
Holiday Season is (finally!!) here and society would have you believe that it’s absolutely essential to have a significant other to celebrate the holidays. After all, no one wants to spend this dreadfully cold and oh-so-cheerful season alone.
But we’re here to challenge that notion.
When you think about it, there are just so many great reasons why being single during the holidays is the way to go. Instead of being ashamed of your single status, CELEBRATE IT!
Here are 10 reasons why it’s absolutely great to celebrate the holiday season solo.
1) You get to avoid those first awkward family moments where you realize your boy/girlfriend’s entire family is absolutely crazy and...it’s kind of likely s/he could end up like them!
2) Fewer presents to buy for people you don’t know all that well. When you’re single you’re only responsible for people in your family. But when you’re with someone, it’s kind of rude to not get the lead people in their family something, too.
3) Fewer ridiculous Facebook family shots, with you tagged in all of them. You don’t really want to be Facebook friend’s with your boyfriend’s Aunt Clotilda all that much.
4) Quality time with your own family and friends, whom you’ve neglected because work has been so stressful.
5) New Years Eve. You do not want to be in a relationship on New Year’s Eve. Added bonus: there will be no one to explain your black out to.
6) You don’t have to pretend to love any stupid gifts, especially if you feel like you gave your boy/girlfriend a much better gift.
7) You can take advantage of all those sales and get yourself something fabulous!
8) No need pretending you’re a fabulous cook. Just order some food, pop a bottle of wine and watch back episodes of your favorite television show.
9) You can go on a vacation somewhere warm.
10) You don’t have to argue over whose family to visit, which always leads to a fight because neither of you wants to visit the other person’s people.
Happy Holidays beauties!
Lots of love,
Your U`nique Beauty Team